Thursday, April 24, 2014
Ethan Lucas Fisher
I figured I would try to start a year ago since before then was kind of a blur... December of 2012 James took his permanent leave from the United States Army and we made the move home to Arizona. I was 6 months pregnant with our son Ethan whom we decided to have after James was officially getting out of the Army. We gave it 4 months and if I did not get pregnant well it was just not meant to be. Of course it only took 2 1/2... LOL I was due March 11th 2013. Due to Savannah being so early and the many complications I have had in the past the Doctors were not taking any chances and gave me a daily injection which James became very proficient at! I did not like them at all, but they knew what they were doing. We got to AZ on the 23rd of December stayed with James's parents for a few days and then my mom was very generous by letting us stay with her for the remainder until we found a place to live permanently. After the holidays I was able to get into the same Doctor's that delivered both Austin and Savannah I felt very lucky. Wouldn't you know it I went in it was Friday and the Dr. says do you want to go in Sunday or Monday. WHAT? I was hoping the last ultrasound was correct that my placenta had moved up, but no it did not and it looked to be Placenta Accreta. Darn another stay for up to 2 months possibly. Errrr!!!! Imagine my irritation kids will start school on Monday. I can't help them get into the swing of things etc... We however did find a house thanks to our realtor/Sister-in-law, but the catch it was being built that I will save for another post. I stayed in the same hospital as with Austin, and did nothing. Watched a lot of Netflix and helped kids with homework via Skype... Thank goodness I had a tablet to keep me connected. LOL Due to having Placenta Accreta I had to plan a Hysterectomy which took me at first, but it was going to be my last and no periods SCORE!!!! That helped me get through it better.. :) Good Sam has the best team for this sort of thing I had like 12 Doctors in the OR... It was intimidating to say the least. The plan was to have Ethan on February 1st they would do the C-section first doing a transverse incision. I was to see him and then they would put me under and do the hysterectomy. Well whey the anesthesiologists struck out three times they decided to put me under and I would have to wait to see my baby boy. James could not at that time come in even though he was waiting outside the OR. Ethan Lucas was born at around 9:30am and I continued to be out until around 3pm. James stayed with Ethan as he struggled to wake up due to the drugs he ingested. He was doing good though. He was 6lbs 5oz.. I could not physically go down for 3days, so I had to deal with the pictures. I was so happy to have that though and plenty of videos. Here are a few pics of him as a newborn and some as a 6month old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment