Wednesday, February 6, 2008

4th article of fatih!!

4 We believe that the first principles and aordinances of the Gospel are: first, bFaith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, cRepentance; third, dBaptism by eimmersion for the fremission of sins; fourth, Laying on of ghands for the hgift of the Holy Ghost.


My family and I had the honor to attend our Nephew Caleb's baptism this past weekend. He just turned 8 in January and seemed to be ready for this day to come. The week prior I took the time to ponder the meaning of baptism and remembered my own experience on my baptismal day. I remember the joy I had in my heart. I also remember that I was in such peace with my decision, and now know the wonderful things that come from this gospel. I remembered that I was so happy to have the family come from far away to be witnesses to this occasion in my life. I have to look back and even though it was only 6yrs ago I felt those same warm feelings of love, kindness, overwhelming emotions that are hard to explain.. I was so proud of my nephew that he knew that his Heavenly Father wanted him to be baptized, so that one day he can return home to him again. Way to go Caleb!!

No comments: