Friday, September 19, 2008
The day before the first day of school!!
It was Sunday we were having a fairly good day. We went to church played some games, and I was just starting dinner. I had planned to have dinner a little early this day because we had to do our check list for school, get the kids there priesthood blessing (since daddy is away) get to bed early.The kids at this point were getting too rowdy, so I told them to go outside and run around... twice... three times...then four... and then it happened with my hands full of raw chicken Katelynn comes running in... " MOMMY MOMMY AUSTIN FELL AND HE IS BLEEDING" Uh OK so I run my hands under water no time for soap, and grab a towel as I run to the bedroom. Well he was bleeding with a nice hefty gash over his right eye! " Holy smokes" I said "What happened"? as I run him into the bathroom to wash it so I could better assess the situation. Katelynn is crying and telling me he fell off of the bunk bed and cut his head on the corner. "WHAT" I yell and then start to cry, cause the gash was pretty deep. I ran got him a rag to hold to his eye and ran and put the chicken away in a bag quickly so that it would not be bad by the time I got home. Everything else I left out who cares I had a bleeding son. AHHH get in the van as I am looking at Austin's eye which is no longer bleeding really I am running the other two kids over to a friends house, so I did not have to deal with them at the hospital. As I get there they look at his eye and suggest butterfly strips cause his eye was looking much better than at first sight. Ok I get calmed down we do the procedure and I felt a little better. Then I decide to go and stop in a friends house who just happens to be a pediatrician. "So Amber what do you think should I run him to the hospital or what" She looks and looks and says "Well If he was in my office I would put a liquid bandage on it or even give him a stitch, but this will do he will just have a scar could be a pretty big one" she says. We both look at each other and she speaks again "although on boys scars are cool"... I smile and decide I am doing the right thing. I went home just in time for our Home Teachers, and the kids get their blessings for their new school year. Finally I sit them down and make some quick cheese crisp cause now it is way too late for chicken anything. By this point Savannah is super cranky so we read a short scripture say prayers and get her to bed. Then we do our check list of tons of supplies for their first day, and brush teeth then its off to bed they go. WHEW!!! I sit and think about what a day it was, and then I start to clean up the mess in the kitchen lol... Never ends. Austin's eye looked worse than it is now I call him my Wolverine. It is a miraculous recovery I will post another picture of that someday, so look for updates!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad you didn't have to get stitches, and that I had this experience about a week before you so I could help. But I'm wondering now if maybe WE should have gotten stitches! Melody
Well look at it this way scars on boys are cool... Thanks for your help in my time of need. I was going crazy.. I have been putting this scar treatment on it that is called prefer on seems to take care of the scar and make it smaller. You might want to try it out. Thanks melody for your comment
Oh, I'm so glad it turned out okay and Austin will be fine. That would be so scary!
(p.s. What are cheese crisps?)
(p.p.s. Is Austin the son you call Bubbers??) :)
Oh My Heck! I would have totally been freaking out! I'm so glad he is ok! I'm so glad you're ok!
He certainly is a tuffy!! Love Grammy
Yes that was a stressful night. Heidi you make me laugh a cheese crisp is when you have a flour tortilla and spread cheese all over it, put it under the broiler for about two-three minutes and wha la cheese crisp you eat them with salsa or guac, sour cream what ever you like. You probably know what they are you just call it something different. LOL Oh and this is Austin my bubbers chubbers or bubbers Dale.
Thanks Shanda for sharing my feelings of panic... It was definitly something to remember.
Post a Comment