It was fun seeing all of the kiddo's getting bigger and bigger and how we have evolved as parents and adults. I can't get over how big they all are. I had to leave early but it was so great seeing everyone. I am hoping to move back home I love family truly. Savannah decided to get sick and in need of breathing treatments while we were there and almost got an ER visit out of it, but somehow turned around enough that we sidetracked that till we got home for the DR.. My mom came over Sunday by the way it was her birthday that day, so we decided to cook and had Kabobs. Stacey helped me out by making the cake which turned out to be for the both of us (mom and me)!! Monday we took our time and came home. The drive was good the kids well behaved and no really bad incidences. I have to say we had a great time.. Thanks to Stacey and Preston for letting us stay with them, and to all of the hospitality while we were there. I am grateful for my sister who watched our old doggie Speck(who you will read about soon I have a fun story for that)..
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Family, Temple, and Fun!!
I think family is the most important thing to me. My kids are the beginning of my testimony, and they continue to strengthen it daily. I also love my extended family. My mom and my sister are all I have on my side and I don't know what I would do without them. On the other hand James has a big family 3 brothers and a sister, and to add to that we all are married and have kids. So while James was home we went back to phoenix to visit family. It was definitely a trip worth taking. Friday we were able to spend the day with his parents, and have lunch with them.
That afternoon my sister in-law Stacey and I went to look at model homes.(I love to just look and get Idea's for remodeling or even just what I like in a house) James and I might be moving again come the end of the year. I will keep you posted on that. That night we went on a date thanks to Stacey for watching our kids so that we could. Saturday was very special to me because while we live near a temple it happens to be in another country, and a violent area, and James is not allowed to go. So every time we get a chance to go home we try try try to go to the temple. This time we went with Preston and Stacey. We did something different this time we were able to do sealings.. I was moved and also reminded of the day James and I were sealed together along with Katelyn and Austin almost 5years ago. We planned on being sealed on Valentine's Day that year and well Austin had better plans for us. We ended up waiting until Mother's Day weekend 2004.(which is a whole nother story) It was such a tender experience the thought of those people wanting to be together for all time and eternity what a great blessing it is to be able to give that through our faith fullness. I at times felt overwhelmed, and also thought about afterwards the fact that when Preston and Stacey were married I was not able to attend their Temple sealing along with Aubree and Robert who were married for eleven years the day we went. I was captivated by the thought of all of us in the life after this, and feel extremely blessed for this opportunities I have to share the gospel not only with my husband and family, but with all those around me. I cannot describe the feeling I felt going back to the Temple after James came home and knowing that he had to leave again, but at the same time I felt at peace because this was a journey we have done before. I felt the need to go and thank Heavenly Father for bringing him back again and also pray to him in his house to protect him once again as we forge on. We left and went to lunch, then that night it was to his parents house for a family get together.


It was fun seeing all of the kiddo's getting bigger and bigger and how we have evolved as parents and adults. I can't get over how big they all are. I had to leave early but it was so great seeing everyone. I am hoping to move back home I love family truly. Savannah decided to get sick and in need of breathing treatments while we were there and almost got an ER visit out of it, but somehow turned around enough that we sidetracked that till we got home for the DR.. My mom came over Sunday by the way it was her birthday that day, so we decided to cook and had Kabobs. Stacey helped me out by making the cake which turned out to be for the both of us (mom and me)!! Monday we took our time and came home. The drive was good the kids well behaved and no really bad incidences. I have to say we had a great time.. Thanks to Stacey and Preston for letting us stay with them, and to all of the hospitality while we were there. I am grateful for my sister who watched our old doggie Speck(who you will read about soon I have a fun story for that)..
It was fun seeing all of the kiddo's getting bigger and bigger and how we have evolved as parents and adults. I can't get over how big they all are. I had to leave early but it was so great seeing everyone. I am hoping to move back home I love family truly. Savannah decided to get sick and in need of breathing treatments while we were there and almost got an ER visit out of it, but somehow turned around enough that we sidetracked that till we got home for the DR.. My mom came over Sunday by the way it was her birthday that day, so we decided to cook and had Kabobs. Stacey helped me out by making the cake which turned out to be for the both of us (mom and me)!! Monday we took our time and came home. The drive was good the kids well behaved and no really bad incidences. I have to say we had a great time.. Thanks to Stacey and Preston for letting us stay with them, and to all of the hospitality while we were there. I am grateful for my sister who watched our old doggie Speck(who you will read about soon I have a fun story for that)..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like you had such a great time- a busy time too! That is always the best, when you get to spend time with family! Can't wait to hear the story about the dog---
Oh Heidi!
How fun that James was home! He looks great & so do you! I bet that was the best new years present ever! Thanks for your great testimony about the Temple! We have missed living close to one! Ours is actually out of commission right now because the pipes burst from the cold. I'm anxious to go again. I love your sweet little family! You take care!
You all look great! I love looking at your blog and seeing everyone.
Thamk's
Shelly
I love the temple! Wade and I got to do sealings when we were engaged and then just recently. It was probably more special to me the second time we did them because I got to remember when we were sealed together.
Looks like you had a blast. Family is superb! It is great to see updated pictures of the kids. They are getting so big.
Post a Comment