Since September the kids and I have gotten back into the swing of things without Daddy around.. School, Activity days, OT, Doc appt's etc... We have had some serious bumps in the road this past year and we survived I am happy to say... If it was not a leak in our A/C, the Garage spring breaking, needing tires on both vehicles, to the refrigerator fan needing to be replaced, computer crashing and many many other things.Iwas busy with the tons and tons of homework.. My kids this year have really challenging teachers who give a tremendous amount of homework... I feel exhausted by the end of the day, and so do my kids..
Katelynn is doing fantastic this year she is enjoying the challenge and is rising. She has joined student council, and believe it or not got 2nd place in the Spelling Bee! She enjoys Activity days, and is really eager to read the scriptures.. I rely on her a lot sometimes with Daddy being gone and she is such a great helper.. I have been teaching her how to cook and she is good at lasagna, eggs, chopping vegetables and cupcakes so far.. I cannot believe she will be 10 this year.. REALLY?
Austin is such a sweet child he is having a much harder time with 1st grade...He is fantastic at reading, and loves to build things. He is such a smart boy and can recite to you all the Presidents, Oceans, Continents, and the States by memory.. Katelynn can't even do that! He finally lost his first tooth Christmas Eve! He can't stop talking about his Birthday next month when he will be 7yrs old, and almost out of the 1st grade.. LOL He is funny and loves to make potty jokes.. Yulk!!! (Working on that one) LOL Still as handsome as can be, and gets shy when a cute girl looks at him..
Savannah is a wonderful 4 and can't wait to be 5, cause she can sit in a booster, and be in Kindergarten.. She loves Pre-K with Mrs. Lucky and comes home happy everyday. We love to spend time after school reading or playing Cooking Mama.. Sometimes she will even take a nap with me.. ;o) She is very helpfull with Laundry, dishes and tries to cook as well. She can do almost anything that the other two can do..According to her! She is smart, sassy, and loves to do anything..
James has had a big year as well... He was reassigned to Ft. Sill Oklahoma in August, and had been living with a friend until we sell our home. He has also been taking classes to complete his Bachelors program... James was finally promoted to Sgt. First Class in December and wears it well. I am so very proud of him and the Man he has become... He will be able to retire in 2012, and plans on it... Only time will tell.. He is planning on having his Masters before he gets out so lot's of hard work(school) ahead of him... I believe he will do great!!
Heidi has been busy trying to be a better Mom, Wife, Sister, and Daughter this past year. My sister and I have grown together so much, and I love it. My mom and I have a bond that is unbreakable and it's great to have the family I have... The time that I put aside for my kids has been great, and I hope they feel it... I have been working hard at being there, and not losing it so much... Being a single parent at times that is very hard to do.. I do a lot of walking away at times, but my kids and I have been able to have a better understanding about what we ALL need, and that it's not just about them... I love being a mom and growing each year day by day, and learning new things about myself.. James and I have grown together this year even though we are apart most of the time... We have been able to talk more and have been there for each other
We cannot forget Speck.. He has been around almost as long as we have been married... He is our first born, and this year has been a very trying year for him. You see Speck got bit by a Rattlesnake this year, and we thought we were gonna lose him.. Thank goodness my sister came to visit, because without her I don't think I would have been able to give him his medicine... He got bit on his nose, and this made his whole face swell to where it was almost impossible to open his mouth.. I am so grateful to him, because this could have been one of my kids and would have been way more serious.. He has survived, and we believe the venom did attack some of his muscles (oh and he is also old too). It is a miracle that he survived and we love him so much.. I think this was one of the most trying things I had to deal with.. He is after all one of my kids...
This past year has been rough, and we have made it to 2011 still together and strong... James and I will be married for 14yrs in March and oh how time flies... Still trying to sell our house, still trying to be better parents, still trying to do everything together... Look out 2011, cause we are ready for what you have to offer..
2 comments:
You all look great. Thanks for the Christmas card. I did not send any out this year but I will next year. Way to go James.. :)
So I am waaaay behind on checking your blog1 YOu have been one busy lady!!! And that was one HUGE rattlesnake! i hope to never ever ever ever see one like that in my live:) haha.
Hope all is well
Post a Comment