Sunday, May 4, 2008

On a Golden Spring time!!




Ok when I took these pictures of our Garden I was singing this song for those who do not know the words let me give you a bit "On a Golden Springtime underneath the ground a tiny seedling lay asleep until the sun shone down AWAKE AWAKE oh little seed push upward to the light" I love that song it is one of the first I learned through primary as a teacher... I wanted to share with all of you the wonder of our garden and the green thumb of my hubby. Hopefully I will be able to keep it alive... The artichoke took two seasons to grow so finally we are able to see the little seed turn into something great! (although I have to think is it worth it for 2years for one artichoke no wonder why they are so expensive lol) I do think though it was a pretty plant for the last few years it stayed green all the time... We planted brocolli this year only because it is Katelynn's favorite vegetable and well when you have kids you feed them what they will eat right!! Especially vegetables!!! It is wonderful to see things grow and being able to eat them is even better.. I love having a garden we added thyme and rosemary along with Jalepeno's this year things we eat alot of..

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sooo jealous of your veggies!! I can only grow herbs w/ consistancy :o) Steph

Shanda said...

WOW!!! I LOVE YOUR GARDEN!!! You're a super woman!