Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Nativity!


We have a great Christmas Nativity around the world we have been doing for the past 7 years (Me 2yrs)and they do this great nativity where families can dress up and have a keep sake. I have decided to share ours with you this Christmas on the blog. I have not decided yet if I will print some out to send in Christmas cards, but I guess you will find out when you open your card this year. The kids look great all gussied up don't they. Oh how I love Christmas. The joys the reflecting of the year, and the most important part celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. I love being a member of the LDS church the gospel has made significant changes in my life. I am grateful that my kids see their mother praying and reading scriptures, and hope it will instill the importance of the gospel in their lives as well. Just think all this would not be possible if it weren't for the atonement of Jesus Christ. The other day Katelynn came to me and asked me if it would be ok for her to write a letter and make a gift for him. WOW is all I remember thinking, and then I responded Yes honey after all this is the reason we celebrate Christmas. Then she left me to my reading to Savannah and came back with a drawing and a letter and said "mom can I put this under the tree now?" I asked her if she would like to wrap it "Oh Yes can I". I am so blessed with her she has started to read the book of Mormon and praying with thoughts about what is needed to be said not to just get it out. She wants to learn and learn more and more about the church and Jesus Christ. I am so happy she has come to this on her own seeings how she will be baptized this upcoming August-September. I truly am grateful for the gospel. Happy Birthday Jesus...

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How cute is your nativity! i love that you do such fun things with your kids- you are such a good mom!

The Ridings said...

I think this would make a perfect card! I love it! What a cute idea!

Stephen, Rachel, Q, & Cam said...

I love the nativity pic, I cant believe how big the kids are getting! And just to let you know, i am going to have stephen call you tomorrow while i am at work! Thanks, Rachel

Elizabeth said...

Heidi- where are you? I love the nativity- amazing that you could convince them to all dress up! Not sure my kids would be so cooperative:)