>
Friday, July 17, 2009
We love when Daddy comes home!
Katelynn kept trying to sing this song, and I felt bad cause I did not know it very well. I am so thankful for the Internet and that I can just pull up a song and we learned it together...
James is finally home! It has been a long 15months, but it is over and we are now a family again. We were waiting at the airport with our sign and our flags to wave high for Daddy to see. Katelynn was the first to hug Daddy then Savannah. Austin just kind of lingered for Daddy to notice which I thought was weird considering he was super anxious for a few days waiting for Daddy to come home. Then it was my turn. I almost forgot what he smelled like wearing that uniform. It is comforting and safe feels good to know he is home… I love him so much… He was so super excited to come home too. Not just to get out of Afghanistan, but to be home with his Family his dog, and to be able to breathe the air of Freedom. He is still adjusting to the time zone difference which is hard, but he is doing great. They have to work half days to reintegrate back into society. Classes on what not to do, and things they need to be watchful for. I do have to say I am grateful for the gospel, and the power of prayer. He was kept safe and heeded warnings from the spirit. I am so grateful to all of you who prayed for him and his safe return. Now it is time to pray for another soldier, knowing that we have so many men and woman out there away from their families is hard to think of in this moment, but I must bring it forward and pray for them, and forever be grateful for my soldier’s safe return. James was so excited to bring the kids something from Afghanistan; Katelynn a hat with their logo the scorpion and Fisher on the back. It is dated from the months he has been gone. Austin also a hat, but different type of hat it has the scorpion logo and the flags with dates of where Daddy was for these past 15months. Savannah was given an Afghanistan hat and scarf that the little ones there wear to cover themselves with. Then brought Katelynn a very special gift he gave her a journal made out of camel and the paper is calligraphy paper. He told her she should only write special things in it; like when she is baptized and make it special memories not to show it to everyone. These would be special memories to remember when you are older. Well she took off asked me for a pin.( I believe she already had a special memory to write) It was so cute. I also received a journal (he knows me and that I love journals). Hooray Hooray Daddy is home.


>



>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Not sure I have this many happy tears in a long time!! Glad to hear that James is home safe and sound....what an amazing person you are to have endured his absence for so long...and what an amazing man he is for dedicating so much of his time to our country and our freedom! Thank him for me! I am glad that prayers work and that you can now be a family again :) GOD BLESS!!!!
Oh, Heidi, I am so happy for you and your wonderful family!! Welcome back to you dear husband and may his adjustment back to the States go smoothly.
What a great looking Family. Have a good time with Daddy.. You all looked very good in your pics. Happy Happy as can BEEEEEEE!!!!
Thank you guys for all your support. We are doing good, and James is adjusting well.
Finally we get to look forward to some awesome Fisher BBQ again :o)
Yippee James is home! We all missed him (you most of all i'm sure), Lucas & I are very glad he's home, out of harms way and able to be with his family again!
Love ya!!
We get to look forward to some great Fisher BBQ again :O)
All kidding aside, Lucas & I are very glad to have James back home (not more than Heidi), but out of harms way and spending time with his family.
Welcome home - Love ya!
Post a Comment