So the kids and I decided to go to Phx. on a whim, due to Grandpa going into the hospital. We had Three days to visit, and I always try to get to the Temple when I am home. It is so difficult having a Temple only 30min away, and not being able to go because it is in another Country. The military has banned "James" from going due to hostile environment. So I actually got all the woman in the Fisher family to go with me this visit... As Stacey and I were driving back to phx after dropping off my children with Grammy I got this gnawing feeling to look in my wallet. For some reason I did not put my recommend in my NEW wallet and did not have it. Thank goodness we were not too far from her house, and she was able to take me home and continue on with the rest of the bunch...(I was so sad not being able to go) I turned my luck around and decided I was still going. I called my mom told her I would be there in 30min to be ready and we were off. I am so happy I got the chance to take my kids and mother to the Temple. Even just walking the grounds made my weekend. The spirit that you feel being in the presence of GOD, so close to the veil. AHH I really don't know how to explain it a nice warm and relaxing feeling. I felt at ease and was able to regain my momentum for the rest of James's tour. I loved the pictures and the wonderful video's we watched. I wanted to share with Katelynn the feeling of the temple and to be able to help her to feel the spirit. It is getting so close to her being Baptized. I honestly have a hard time keeping it together the feelings I feel, and when I think about my own Baptism only 8yrs ago December. I talked to her afterwards and asked her if she was feeling anything. She responded looking shyly "Yes MOM I felt something I felt like crying it was a wonderful feeling"... WOW I was so happy and taken back with that response. She really is an inspiration for me, and I really feel like she gets it. She sees things as if she were 12 not 8. I love her very much. I also got some really good pictures for my wall. I love the Temple and what it represents for me. Remembering the first time we went and got our Endowments and were Sealed together as a family, with Austin (2months) and Katelynn (2years). I remember being overwhelmed and happy all in one. Katelynn holding Austin's hand cause he kept moving it. I tell you it made me cry seeing her helping her baby brother... I love my family, and I am so Happy I forgot my Recommend this time. I also am so happy my mom was able to go. I think she needed it too. She was getting ready for a trip back home to see her sister and brother, and was able to pick up some good material for her sister, and also set up a meeting with the Missionaries. Yippee!!! I am so happy. I cannot wait to go again, but this time with my Husband and my Temple Recommend.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
I love to see the Temple!
So the kids and I decided to go to Phx. on a whim, due to Grandpa going into the hospital. We had Three days to visit, and I always try to get to the Temple when I am home. It is so difficult having a Temple only 30min away, and not being able to go because it is in another Country. The military has banned "James" from going due to hostile environment. So I actually got all the woman in the Fisher family to go with me this visit... As Stacey and I were driving back to phx after dropping off my children with Grammy I got this gnawing feeling to look in my wallet. For some reason I did not put my recommend in my NEW wallet and did not have it. Thank goodness we were not too far from her house, and she was able to take me home and continue on with the rest of the bunch...(I was so sad not being able to go) I turned my luck around and decided I was still going. I called my mom told her I would be there in 30min to be ready and we were off. I am so happy I got the chance to take my kids and mother to the Temple. Even just walking the grounds made my weekend. The spirit that you feel being in the presence of GOD, so close to the veil. AHH I really don't know how to explain it a nice warm and relaxing feeling. I felt at ease and was able to regain my momentum for the rest of James's tour. I loved the pictures and the wonderful video's we watched. I wanted to share with Katelynn the feeling of the temple and to be able to help her to feel the spirit. It is getting so close to her being Baptized. I honestly have a hard time keeping it together the feelings I feel, and when I think about my own Baptism only 8yrs ago December. I talked to her afterwards and asked her if she was feeling anything. She responded looking shyly "Yes MOM I felt something I felt like crying it was a wonderful feeling"... WOW I was so happy and taken back with that response. She really is an inspiration for me, and I really feel like she gets it. She sees things as if she were 12 not 8. I love her very much. I also got some really good pictures for my wall. I love the Temple and what it represents for me. Remembering the first time we went and got our Endowments and were Sealed together as a family, with Austin (2months) and Katelynn (2years). I remember being overwhelmed and happy all in one. Katelynn holding Austin's hand cause he kept moving it. I tell you it made me cry seeing her helping her baby brother... I love my family, and I am so Happy I forgot my Recommend this time. I also am so happy my mom was able to go. I think she needed it too. She was getting ready for a trip back home to see her sister and brother, and was able to pick up some good material for her sister, and also set up a meeting with the Missionaries. Yippee!!! I am so happy. I cannot wait to go again, but this time with my Husband and my Temple Recommend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What beautiful pictures- the kids are getting so big- i can't believe how grown up Katelynn is! Glad you got to come back to lovely AZ and share some time with your family....remember that recommend next time :)
How sad that you could not go :( But I think it happened for a good reason. You had a great time with
Katelynn. I am having the same feelings about Avery. Steve and I want to take all the kids soon. Avery is asking more and more about the Church. I love it when we can truly share our Testimonies with our children. You are a great Mother....
Yay for you! Seeing the pictures of the AZ Temple made me realize how much I miss it there. Dan & I were married in that Temple so it means a lot to me too! I miss you guys! I'm so glad James is home with you!
I love to see the Temple too!
Post a Comment