Austin has made the Famous First for our children. We found out that he was in need of bilateral tubes in his ears, so off to the Hospital for outpatient surgery. He was a little nervous but not too much. he had to wear his gown that I had been explaining to him now for over a week. He did fine sat down decided to have me read the literature they give kiddos to help them not be scared. The Doctor came in explained the procedure and said he would have strawberry gas to help him sleep and then he would wake up and see mommy. They took him in at about 9:10am enough time for me to get settled in and 9:30am they "call oh you can go back now he is done". "What wow really this is great". The longest part of it was waiting on sleepy head to awake.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Famous First
Austin has made the Famous First for our children. We found out that he was in need of bilateral tubes in his ears, so off to the Hospital for outpatient surgery. He was a little nervous but not too much. he had to wear his gown that I had been explaining to him now for over a week. He did fine sat down decided to have me read the literature they give kiddos to help them not be scared. The Doctor came in explained the procedure and said he would have strawberry gas to help him sleep and then he would wake up and see mommy. They took him in at about 9:10am enough time for me to get settled in and 9:30am they "call oh you can go back now he is done". "What wow really this is great". The longest part of it was waiting on sleepy head to awake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Austin, you are such a ham bone. What a success!! Love Grammy
Glad things went well!
It looks like it went well. I hope it all works out for you.
Strawberry gas, huh? When I had tubes put in my ears, I was told the gas smelled like chocolage cake. I guess they have several different flavors. LOL!
I'm glad he was a trooper.
Funny boy! Glad to hear he is recovering well.
What a brave kiddo- it's amazing how quick they bounce back from things! Hope the tubes help him :)
Wow Heidi! You need the Mom of the Year award! I'm glad Austin is doing well!
Thank you all for your support. He is doing good although we are not sure if it helped his hearing as of yet. Hearing test is later this month.
Post a Comment